Artemis - Women In Leadership
Yukon Canoe Expedition
Fireside’s Artemis Women in Leadership Yukon River Expedition is where you create the time and safe space to unleash, focus on personal growth, interests, and curiosities. It is a way to develop outdoor skills and refine leadership while creating lasting relationships with other women. Explore aspects of yourself that are often disregarded in the busy day to day; provide some much needed self-care and self-love. Soak up the fresh air and take in the skies while reconnecting to your wild feminine spirit. Continue to find powerful inspiration for your personal story and write a new chapter. Become a positive character in others story while taking time to narrate your own.
To many, the Yukon may seem like only a dream. It’s vast landscape, rugged wilderness and pristine nature can be intimidating and seem out of reach. Artemis makes this dream a realistic possibility; join a group of women and experienced guides to realize it. Women of all skill levels are welcome to journey along the steep cutbanks, fresh water and incredible, pollution free skies while creating friendships and experiences to last a lifetime.
Limited spots available
Space fills up fast and there is a limited amount of spots per camp. All you need is a deposit of $300 and a completed registration form to confirm your place
Program DetailsDate: 10 day expedition, 8 days on the river
August 10 – August 18, 2019
Ages: 18 years and over
Rate: $2,449.00 - $2149.00 * Bring friends to make it cheaper for everyone, that’s how the sliding scale works with our fees!
Includes: 24/7 instruction and support, food, tent accommodation while on the river, group camping gear, and canoes during the trip. Does not include flight, fishing license and accommodation in Whitehorse and Dawson City but we can connect you with deals and options (ask us about our special Air North rate!)
We rent sleeping bags, camp chairs and thermarests for those needing extra comfort. We also offer a Yukon Barrel Package Deal - 60L barrel, sleeping bag, thermarest, water bottle, headlamp and more, to use on the trip and to take home with you. We have a special discount offer with local outdoor clothing retailers in Whitehorse to purchase when you arrive.
It's a Life Changing Experience
“If more women are in leadership roles, we'll stop assuming they shouldn't be.”
- Sheryl Sandberg
Imagine the feeling of your hand dipping into the Yukon River as you take 10 days to prepare and navigate, by canoe, over 400 km of pure Canadian adventure, from Carmacks to Dawson City. Both the river and paddle experience are immense, beautiful and memorable.
- Fully guided on a multi-day canoe trip while paddling on the Yukon River from Carmacks to Dawson City.
- Led by excellent and experienced female guides gifted in teaching outdoor leadership and wilderness skills who will provide support 24 hours a day for the entirety of the program.
- We adjust the trip plan and logistics based on the overall group’s fitness and comfort level.
- Partake in basic Yukon wilderness and outdoor skills training.
- Gourmet wilderness cooking.
- Sleep under the stars in some of the Yukon River’s pristine river islands.
- A chance to see the northern lights dance above your head while taking in the long days of sunshine.
- Learn the basics of front and backcountry camping, river canoeing, hiking and risk management in the outdoors.
- Unplugged from wifi, phones, computers, home and work life.
“I stand on the sacrifices of a million women before me thinking what can I do to make this mountain taller so the women after me can see further.”
- Rupi Kaur
Your story is worth sharing; Inspire others and allow yourself to be inspired.
Together we can weave a narrative that is inclusive and meaningful for all.
It's a Life Changing Experience
Tentative Trip Plan
Other Trips We Offer
2019 Youth Leadership Camps:
BC Explorer (21 or 28 days)
Yukon Explorer (14 or 21 days)
Sparrow Leadership Initiative
World Bound (21 days)
2019 Kids Camps:
Bike Gourmet Camp
Forest Gourmet Camp
World Bound Language & Cultural Kids Camp