Weekend Wilderness Women’s Retreats
Sunshine Coast, BC
Artemis Weekend Wilderness Skill Retreats will be offered throughout the spring. The Gourmet Cooking Retreat will kick us off in February as we travel to Sunshine Coast to enjoy a weekend at Rolling Earth Farm and Retreat. Join the community again in May as we set off from the mainland for Porpoise Bay Outdoor Skill Retreat. Camping for 2 nights at Halkett Bay Provincial Park will find us honing our outdoor skills and hiking Mt. Artaban early morning to enjoy the sunrise.
“Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings”
Gourmet Cooking and Wellness RetreatDate: February 1-3rd, 2019
Ages: Designed for those aged 19+ and identifying as female.
Rate: $345 plus 5% tax. *Bring 3 friends and each pays only $325 plus tax!
Includes: Support with carpooling and public transportation from Horseshoe Bay to Rolling Earth Farm, accommodation, workshops, meals, instruction and expedition support, yoga classes
Location: Rolling Earth Farm and Retreat (Sunshine Coast, BC)
Fireside’s Artemis Women In Leadership Adventure Series is offering a two night/two day weekend wilderness women’s retreat for women seeking an introduction to gourmet cooking, yoga, and nature-based wellness practices. It is for women of all abilities, ethnic backgrounds, beliefs, capacities, competencies and interests. Roam through the 6 acres of organic farmland, check out the local hiking trails, and spend time combing the beach. The ideal participant is someone who is open minded, seeking an opportunity for digital disconnection, wanting to learn new skills, and who has an interest in discussing what leadership looks like.
- Adventure with a group of like-minded women to a beautiful natural setting to experience what the Sunshine Coast has to offer
- Located on 6 acres in Robert’s Creek, there is ample room to explore and adventure
- Experience an organic farm practicing modern day permaculture techniques
- Cook fresh and delicious gourmet meals with well-renowned Chef, Diana Johnstone
- Partake in various kinds of yoga classes being offered from Om Sweet Om
- Practice a qi gong workshop we draw upon the conditions of Winter to enable self-healing from within
- Learn about natural building practices and the cob house featured on the farm
- Hike the gorgeous waterfalls nearby for a roaring experience
- Take a walk to the nearby ocean for beach combing
Transportation: All retreat participants should arrive to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal for the 4:20 PM DEPARTURE on Friday, February 1. We will travel together to the farm where we will check-in for the weekend. Plan to return on the 3:15 PM DEPARTURE on Sunday, February 3. *Please note* If these logistics don’t work for you feel free to let us know during registration and we will accommodate for your schedule.
Accomodation: We will be staying together at the farm in a bunk-style house. It will be warm and cozy as we have ample space to spread out.
Sunshine Coast Outdoor Skills RetreatDate: May 3-5, 2019
Ages: Designed for those aged 19+ and identifying as female.
Rate: $250 plus 5% tax
Includes: Transportation from/to Horseshoe Bay to Porpoise Bay, camping, paddle instruction, meals, instruction and expedition support, entrance to Tems Swiya Museum
Location: Porpoise Bay Provincial Park
Fireside’s Artemis Women In Leadership Adventure Series is offering a two night/two day weekend wilderness women’s retreat for women seeking an introduction to nature-based wellness practices, ocean canoe instruction, and basic outdoor skills training. It is for women of all abilities, shapes, sizes, ethnic backgrounds, beliefs, capacities, competencies and interests. The ideal participant is someone who is open minded, seeking an opportunity for digital disconnection, wanting to learn new skills, and who has an interest in discussing what leadership looks like.
- Travel with a group of like-minded women to a beautiful natural setting to experience what Porpoise Bay has to offer.
- Explore Porpoise Bay Provincial Park, located just north of Sechelt town. The Park offers a clean beach and open, grassy areas
- Sechelt is an Indigenous word meaning ‘land between two waters’. The town is between Sechelt Inlet and opens into the Strait of Georgia
- Enjoy an early morning hike up ‘Huggie’s’ trail to start the day
- Experience paddling the Sechelt inlet, familiarize yourself with stroke techniques and improve your efficiency with some easy tips from experienced instructors
- Take a trip into the town of Sechelt where we will visit the Tems Swiya Museum to learn about the Indigenous peoples that inhabited the land. There are pictographs still visible in the Inlet dated from over 4000 years ago!
- Visit the estuary at night to experience the power of the ocean and the beauty of the sky
Transportation: All retreat participants should arrive to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal for the 4:20 PM DEPARTURE on Friday, May 3, 2019. We will travel together to the farm where we will check-in for the weekend. Plan to return on the 3:15 PM DEPARTURE on Sunday, May 5. Carpooling will be the best option from your departure location as taking a car across on the ferry is the most economical. That way you will have freedom to explore further around the area, run into town if needed and have access to your own wheels.
Accomodation: All participants will be provided with tenting accommodations. Feel free to bring your own tent if you have one or we have some available for use. If you feel more comfortable or have a friend in Sechelt, you are welcome to stay with them but camping is encouraged!
Meals: Vegetarian meals will be cooked by the group. Please inform of any special requests or restrictions upon registration.
It's a Life-Changing Experience
Facts about BC
We have ten mountain ranges that push west from The Rockies in a crowded parade until they fall into the Pacific. Thousand year old trees that deftly divide the light falling on an impossibly green forest floor.
Other Trips We Offer:
2019 Youth Leadership Camps:
BC Explorer (21 or 28 days)
Yukon Explorer (14 or 21 days)
Sparrow Leadership Initiative
World Bound (21 days)
2019 Kids Camps:
Bike Gourmet Camp
Forest Gourmet Camp
World Bound Language & Cultural Kids Camp