Fireside’s Artemis - Weekend Wilderness Women’s Retreat
Women In Leadership Adventure Series
Fireside’s Artemis Women In Leadership Adventure Series is offering a two night/two day weekend wilderness women’s retreat for women seeking an introduction to yoga in the woods, connection to natural wellness practices, snorkeling, ocean canoe instruction, and basic outdoor skills training. It is for women of all colours, abilities, backgrounds, sizes, gender identities and experience levels.
The ideal participant is someone who is open minded, seeking an opportunity for digital disconnection, wanting to learn new skills and has an interest in discussing what leadership means to like-minded women in an organic, non-competitive environment. It is a time to connect, play and learn.
Sign up for a fabulous a Weekend Wilderness Women’s Retreat as part of Fireside’s Artemis Women In Leadership Adventure Series
Limited spots available
Space fills up fast and there is a limited amount of spots per camp. All you need is a deposit of $300 and a completed registration form to confirm your place.
Program DetailsDate: June 1-3, 2018
Ages: 18 years and over (women only)
Winter Rate: February 16th to March 31st 2018 $425.00 CDN plus 5% tax.
Spring/Summer Rate: April 1st 2018 onwards $500.00 CDN plus 5% tax
Includes: instruction and expedition support, food, tents, most camping gear and canoes
Important information:Facts about BC
About our programs
Arrive at Horsehoe Bay Government Dock @ 4:00pm to catch water taxi to Halkett Bay. Secured parking is available within various Horseshoe Bay locations. Please consider taking public transit as it is cheaper, easier and faster.
Depart from Halkett Bay Provincial Park @ 3:00pm by water taxi to Horseshoe Bay. For those wanting to paddle from Gambier to Horseshoe Bay, it will be weather dependent.
Sign up for a fabulous Weekend Wilderness Women’s Retreat as part of Fireside’s Artemis Women In Leadership Adventure Series
Grab the Winter Rate Before March 31st
What the Fireside’s Artemis Women in Leadership Weekend Wilderness Retreat is about:
Sleep under the stars - Yoga in the woods - Moonlight paddle
- Sleeping in tents, under the stars and by the campfire. Yes we have awesome tents and comfortable thermarests to rent for those needing some extra comfort.
- Yoga in the woods and under the moon.
- Wilderness cuisine over the fire and camp stoves. No need to dress up or leave a tip. The food will be delicious.
- Jumping off docks and doing fist-pump worthy cannonballs
- Learning to become a competent ocean canoe paddler to adventure around parts of Gambier Island. Good chance you will see active aqua and shoreline life such as seal lions.
- Hike the trails to Mount Artaban as part of our evening hike to witness a sunset and sunrise
- Moonlight paddle coupled with a storytelling session on the water
- Introduction of Artemis Adventure Series for Women in Leadership including an overview of our pillars Life. Be. Adventure.
- Learning basic wilderness skills
- We provide strong focus on a person's overall wellness (mind, body, spirit and emotions).
- A retreat experience in honouring women’s gifts and wide range of leadership capacities
"Next time when you think of beautiful things, don’t forget to count yourself in” - unknown
Sign up for Fireside’s Artemis Weekend Wilderness Women’s Retreat to explore Gambier Island and the beautiful Howe Sound area through canoeing, camping, hiking, yoga and leadership training.
A well-nourished body makes a significant impact on a person’s experience in times of physical and/or mental exertion. Participants will learn how to pack for and prepare meals on extended backcountry trips, and how to cook in a “wilderness” kitchen. While on trip we will nourish our bodies with healthy and holistic foods suited to all diets.
It is safer to travel in a group and it is much safer to have guides supporting you regardless of your comfort and outdoor skill level. Our team puts a lot of effort into planning, preparing and most importantly, teaching you how to be safe in the wilderness.
Grab the Winter Rate Before March 31st
“Leadership is hard to define, and good leadership even harder. But if you can get people to follow you to the ends of the earth, you are a greater leader.” – Indra Nooyi
Facts about BC
We have ten mountain ranges that push west from The Rockies in a crowded parade until they fall into the Pacific. Thousand year old trees that deftly divide the light falling on an impossibly green forest floor.
About Our Programs
Fireside Adventures adult retreats and adventure expeditions are a perfect mix of high level of professionalism, all-encompassing instruction and significant knowledge of the areas you will be traveling through.