Fireside Adventures is pleased to be working with Outdoor Explore Adventures in connecting you with their Powell Forest Canoe Circuit located with British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast.
To learn more please contact us and provide this promo code outdoorexplore to save 10% off your adventure.
Click to learn more about Outdoor Explore Adventure Company
- All breakfast, lunch and dinner while on the trip, prepared and cooked by the guide.
- Experienced and knowlgeable guide
- Canoe rental (one canoe per 2 or 3 people)
- Insurance for the guide
- Tents (price is on a sharing basis)
- Transport to and from the trip location
- Ferry fees
- Water purification throughout the trip
- Stove gas for cooking
- Park permits and land use fees
- Emergency equipment (Comprehensive First aid kit, satellite phone etc.)
- Solar charging for electrical devices while on trip.
- Tipping for the guide
- Breakfast on the first day of the trip
- Dinner on the last day of the trip (we may stop at a restaurant on the way home)
- Rental of sleeping bag and Thermarest/sleeping pad, if required
- Travel to and from the pickup location
- International air fare to Canada
- Any visas required to enter Canada
- Your personal insurance
- Personal expenses e.g. if we stop for coffee on route to the trip.
- Accommodation before and after the trip.
- Personal trip equipment e.g. clothing, rucksack.
Powell Forest Canoe Circuit Trip Overview
Multi-day canoe trips in Canada are a perfect way to get deep into the wilderness while enjoying peaceful and relaxing settings. Canoe across crystal clear lakes, surrounded by steep, snow capped mountains and lush forest. Camp on scenic shorelines with a roaring campfire while watching the sun set over distant peaks.
Powell River is a town located on the Sunshine Coast in BC. This area is well known for its beautiful canoeing, kayaking and hiking. There are many lakes in this area which form a perfect circuit for multi-day canoe trips. The Powell forest canoe circuit takes us 5 days, departing from, and returning to North Vancouver. We will take 2 ferry crossings which offer incredible views of the ocean and surrounding islands and mountains. If you’re lucky, you may spot a Whale or Orca!
The Powell Forest Canoe Circuit is approximately 57 km, covering 8 lakes split by 5 portages. A portage is a short hike where we must carry the canoe from one lake to the next. Canoes are lightweight and can be carried by 1 or 2 people. Portages range from 0.7 km to 2.8 km, and paddling stretches from 1 km to 28.5 km. Campsites are well equipped with pit toilets, picnic tables and fire pits.
This is the perfect setting to view wildlife. Common sightings include bald eagles, black bears, beavers and deer. The forests are laden with Cedar, Spruce and Fir trees, including some ancient old growth forests.
Already on the Sunshine Coast? Contact us to discuss a different pickup location.
- Canoe across crystal clear lakes
- Camp on peaceful shorelines
- Campfires and all the amazing food that comes with them
- Peaceful wilderness settings
- Wildlife and bird watching
- Ferry crossings with spectacular views
- Lots of opportunities for swimming
- Fully guided adventure