Fireside Adventures is pleased to be working with Outdoor Explore Adventures in connecting you with their Middle Earth Trek.
To learn more please contact Outdoor Explore and provide this promo code outdoorexplore to save 10% off your adventure.
Click to learn more about Outdoor Explore Adventure Company
Program DetailsDates: June 17 - 21, July 15 - 19, and August 5 - 9, 2019
Price: $995.00 (minimum 3 people to run)
- All breakfast, lunch and dinner while on the trip, prepared and cooked by the guide.
- One experienced guide
- Insurance for the guide
- Tents (price is on a sharing basis)
- Transport to and from the trip location
- Water purification throughout the trip
- Stove gas for cooking
- Emergency equipment (Comprehensive First aid kit, satellite phone etc.)
Middle Earth Trek Trip Overview
The Middle Earth Trek gets its name from the mountains along the route. This range is known as the Tolkien group, and includes a series of mountains named after Lord of the Rings characters. This part of British Columbia is perfect for multi-day backpacking trips with the majority of the time spent above the treeline, in a rugged, alpine landscape.
This area is remote and wild, situated right on the border between the Coast Range and the Interior Range, meaning the landscape is very varied from glacial and snow capped peaks, to rocky volcanic ridges. The route passes a number of crystal clear lakes with sandy beaches which are ideal for swimming.
This circuit is a ideal for those who have some backpacking experience and want to explore a new area or try some scrambling in the British Columbia mountains. The route is demanding and requires a good level of fitness. We will be carrying heavy packs over steep terrain to access some of the more interesting scrambling peaks.
- Immerse yourself in a truly remote and wild landscape
- See glaciers formed in the last ice age
- Scramble up summits and hike along rocky ridge lines
- Walk through alpine meadows bursting with colorful wild flowers
- Camp in beautiful wilderness settings with incredible sunset and sunrise opportunities.
- Learn the history of the area from knowledgeable guides
- Comfortable camping with high quality dinners supplied by Nomad Nutrition
- Dip your toes in glacial fed rivers and lakes
- Relax in the peace and quiet of nature.
Please note: prices shown below are for public trips, meaning other guests may be on the same trip. This trip will only run once 3 or more guests are booked for the selected date.
To book a private trip for 1 or more people, please contact Outdoor Explore.
• Tipping for the guide
• Breakfast on the first day of the trip
• Dinner on the last day of the trip (we may stop somewhere on the way home)
• Rental of sleeping bag and Thermarest/sleeping pad, if required
• Travel to and from the pickup location
• International air fare to Canada
• Any visas required to enter Canada
• Your personal insurance
• Personal expenses e.g. if we stop for coffee on route to the trip.
• Accommodation before and after the trip.
• Personal trip equipment e.g. clothing, rucksack.