Fireside Adventures is pleased to be working with Outdoor Explore Adventures in connecting you with their Ancient Volcanoes Trek within the beautiful Sea to Sky Corridor.
To learn more please contact Outdoor Explore and provide this promo code outdoorexplore to save 10% off your adventure.
Click to learn more about Outdoor Explore Adventure Company
- All breakfast, lunch and dinner while on the trip, prepared and cooked by the guide.
- One guide per 6 clients
- Insurance for the guide
- Tents (price is on a sharing basis)
- Transport to and from the trip location
- Water purification throughout the trip
- Stove gas for cooking
- Park permits and land use fees
- Emergency equipment (Comprehensive First aid kit, satellite phone etc.)
- Solar charging for electrical devices while on trek.
- Breakfast on the first day of the trip
- Dinner on the last day of the trip (we may stop somewhere on the way home)
- Rental of sleeping bag and thermarest/sleeping pad, if required
- Travel to and from the pickup location
- International air fare to Canada
- Any visas required to enter Canada
- Your personal insurance
- Personal expenses e.g. if we stop for coffee on route to the trip.
- Accommodation before and after the trip.
- Personal trip equipment e.g. clothing, rucksack.
- Tipping for the guide
Ancient Volcanoes Trek Trip Overview
The West Coast of North America is well known for its volcanoes, particularly in Washington and Oregon with such mountains as Mt Rainier and St Helens. However, the chain of volcanoes stretches well into Canada and there are some spectacular examples of these peaks in the Coast Mountains of BC.
The Ancient Volcanoes Trek is situated in the heart of some of the most impressive million-year-old stratovolcanoes, some of which are still rumored to have active lava tunnels deep beneath their surface. This area is known as the Sea to Sky corridor, with the towns of Squamish and Whistler at its heart. See our Squamish guided day hiking trip and Whistler guided day hiking trip for more information on these areas.
The route of the trek takes us through peaceful alpine meadows packed with a wide variety of wild flowers. When the snow melts in July/August, these meadows erupt with colors which continues well into September. We hike past glaciers that formed 10,000 years ago which give you a glimpse of the icy history of the area, and a shocking view of how climate change has affected the landscape.
This trek is ideal for those who have done a bit of backpacking before, ideally carrying all your gear. We’ve kept distances short each day to cater for a slow, easy going pace with lots of rests and photo opportunities. If you’re a keen botanist or geologist then this is probably the trek for you! You’ll be spoilt with the alpine flowers and interesting volcanic towers. Or, if you’re looking for a wilderness escape without having to try too hard, then this trek could be perfect.
Please note: prices shown below are for public trips, meaning other guests may be on the same trip. This trip will only run once 2 or more guests are booked for the selected date.
To book a private trip for 1 or more people, please contact us
- Hike past ancient volcanoes, some around 4 million years old.
- Stand on a 10,000 year old glacier
- Scramble to the summit of a 2,200m mountain
- Walk through alpine meadows bursting with colorful wild flowers
- Camp in beautiful wilderness settings with incredible sunset and sunrise opportunities.
- Learn the history of the area from knowledgeable guides
- Comfortable camping with high quality dinners supplied by Nomad Nutrition
- Dip your toes in glacial fed rivers and lakes
- Relax in the peace and quiet of nature.